If you are an artist or a patron of the Arts, Corvallis is the place to be.
Here are seven of the biggest reasons why:
1. The Corvallis Arts walk. The CAW is a free monthly community event featuring over a dozen galleries and studio spaces. Guests are provided with a unique set of exhibits monthly to tour on third Thursday evenings. Most spaces are open from 4-8.
2. The Art Center. A gorgeous repurposed church, the arts center provides a space for thought provoking art exhibitions, classes and more. There is a gift shop that features a wide variety of local artists wares. It is located along The Madison Ave. Corridor which is sprinkled with public art.
3. Public art. The Madison Ave., Corredor, the waterfront, the decorated flower boxes and scattered public sculptures throughout downtown - all examples of the wonderful public art we enjoy here in Corvallis. There's a growing mural campaign downtown that is sure to continue to bring color and movement to our daily lives. Most new public buildings include art installations as well. Art really has a voice here.
4. Festivals & Galas. The Fall Festival is a wonderful yearly event featuring 160+ artists booths. Da Vinci days brings art and science together. Several of the local nonprofits host art events. OSU brings many music and fine art events to our community as well. A few parks host music events in the summer. There are many opportunities to celebrate the arts and procure special pieces for your own collection here in Corvallis.
5. Guilds. There is a guild for just about every medium here. The guilds provide opportunity for artists to come together and to showcase their work. Each offers a unique culture and space for personal expression.
6. Collaborations. Play Corvallis play, a project where painted pianos get placed throughout the town for two weeks in the summer. It is just one example of the artistic collaborations that happen here. Decorated garbage containers, painted little libraries and newspaper bins... it seems every year there is a new opportunity to collaborate & participate creatively.
7. Our Surroundings. My art exploded when I move to Oregon. Here in the heart of the Willamette Valley we are surrounded by mountains, wetlands, trees, rivers and more. Teaming with wildlife and color. The nature and wildlife of this area are endless sources of inspiration for the people who live here.
When we moved here in 2001 I had no idea how well I would thrive here as an artist. I'm grateful to be part of a community which understands the importance of the arts.
Author:Marcus Brown Phone: 503-957-1179 Dated: January 17th 2017 Views: 202 About Marcus: ...
The sellers’ market in Lane County housing grew even stronger in Mar
"Working with Lakecrest Realty Group was an amazing experience. They went above and beyond our expectations. We are so happy we have already referred them to multiple friends, coworkers and family and their experience was the same. I will only work with Lakecrest for my future real estate needs!"